Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A "Block" Week

This past week has been a Quilt Block kind-of-week (in the midst of getting our kitchen & living room floors done, and caring for a very cute & cuddly 10-month-old son.)

This is the July version of the "Two Toonies Thursday" block which is purchased at Freckles here in Calgary; proceeds go to school lunch programs.

The June & July "Two Toonies" blocks.

I picked up the instructions for the 2nd step for my Mystery Quilt. I made a lot of Flying Geese pieces. I still have to wait until the end of August until the quilt will be finished. So far, I like the quilt pieces.

Today is Week 2 of the Summer Star Sampler Quilt Along. Here is Block 3:

Block 4. (I kinda wish I had placed the blue/yellow floral in the middle and the dark blue as part of the stars, but I'm not pulling it apart or changing anything.)

Blocks 3,4:

Blocks 1234:

I found some free patterns for 12 BOM for a Queen Size quilt on "Moose on the Porch Quilts" website, so I decided to give it a try. I bought some fabric at Fabricland, but it's shredding at the edges a lot so I won't trim the block edges until I'm all done with all 12 BOM.

Block 1: Rail Fence Block

Block 2: Jewel Box

Block 3: Tennessee Block

Block 4: Jacob's Ladder Block

Blocks 1234. All 4 fabrics for these BOM have white in them; the blue/green/yellow are the same fabric design. At this point, I'm thinking of white sashing & border for the quilt top. Any other suggestions for colours????

No comments:

Post a Comment