Thursday, December 2, 2010

More Quilt Blocks... & Need Help!

First of all, here is this week's Layer Cake Quilt Along (Week #3) quilt block. This block is a basket, but I call it "Fish & Bubbles in a Basket" because of the fabric I chose. This line of fabric is "Lollipops" by Sandy Gervais. Oh, this is going to be such a fun child's quilt when done.

From left to right: LCQA Weeks 1, 2, 3:

Back in July I had started some quilt blocks which were free patterns on Moose Quilts but I had only completed 9 of the 12 quilt blocks. I finished off the last 3 quilt blocks this week:

Block 10: Bears Paws

Week 11: Duck & Ducklings

Week 12: Corn & Beans

Here are all 12 blocks laid out in chronological order from 1-12, left to right, top/middle/bottom rows.

I have a dilemma: WHAT COLOUR OR PATTERNS OF FABRIC SHOULD I USE FOR SASHING & BORDERS???? I want to insert sashing between & around the blocks, then add the borders. The fabric store where I bought the fabrics doesn't have these fabrics in stock anymore... sigh!! What's a gal to do????? Please help me decide!!

2 comments:

  1. what about some of the light green or the light blue and then in plain fabric? Love the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering how a solid yellow might go for sashing, maybe with green cornerstones. Of course it would all depend on getting the right tones in the unpatterned fabrics.

    ReplyDelete