Tuesday, April 3, 2012

One-Quarters Through 2012!!

Wowie... time is just flying!!  It's April already!  I love it!  Spring is in the air and so it the nicer weather (although I really can't complain as it has been such a mild winter).

My projects in the last week and a bit have been fairly low-key... finishing up some quilt blocks.



Heart in the Sand - Freebie 15 (March 2012)

Footprints
Freebie Companion
This pattern called for templates in which there were about 36 little bird prints on the sand... but I just couldn't stomach doing such little blocks... so I did these 6 pairs of foot(bird) prints instead.
(Hmmm... looks like I got a few crooked lines again!

March Freebie & Freebie Companion & little hourglass blocks (12 in total)
For the 6 months of this quilt along, I now have 72 little hourglass blocks!!!

The first 6 months of the "Freebie 15" blocks.
This is going to be one very nice quilt when it's done.
If I had a ocean/lake cottage, this finished quilt would live there.  :)

These 2 blocks are for Jovita.
Jovita was one of the block designers for the Fat Quarter Stars Quilt Along, but recently she lost both her twins at 20 weeks.  Konda, organizer of the FQSQA, asked the quilt-alongers if we would sew a heart and a 9-patch for Jovita, and Konda will have all the blocks sewn into a quilt.
Now, how nice it that???  :)
Such a beautiful keepsake for such a heartbreaking loss.

I decided to make more hearts with the leftover scraps from the Freebie 15 fabric... and now I have green, blue, brown and pink hearts (6.5" square each) which I will incorporate into a quilt somehow, one day.

I "stumbled" upon a newish quilt along... New York Beauty Quilt Along.
This photo shows 2 of the first block of the quilt along.
This is my first EVER block in which I have had to sew a rounded corner... I think it looks ok so far, eh??
These blocks look like a cappuccino sun (not anything New York).  

No comments:

Post a Comment