Thursday, May 24, 2012

2 Quilts + 2 Quilt Blocks

I was on a roll last week... finishing off some projects.  It felt so good to catch up a bit.  We drove to Saskatchewan this past Victoria Day long weekend, and I took the quilts with me so I could finish up the binding.  I ran out of black thread about 20" before finishing the black binding quilt, but I quickly finished that one up once we arrived home.  


Dragonflies Baby Quilt
35" x 42"

Stained Window Quilt
43" x 54"

I did a simple meander free motion stitch all over the quilt.


The backing for the Stained Window Quilt.
I love these colours.


Block #8 for Freebie 15
"The Reef"
12" x 12"

Freebie 15's Block 8 Companion
"The Pier"
The original pattern of "the pier" had tiny (and I mean TINY) little posts & rails along the edges of the pier... and I just wasn't into such meticulous work... so I ventured away & did my own version of the pier - which, in my opinion, looks more like a boardwalk, but I like it.  

I'm still working on my Mystery Quilt... Clue #5 tomorrow... Yippee!!

Next on the list:

  • finish off the Birdie Quilt
  • re-do the Fat Quarters Stars Quilt top (I took the quilt top apart because I couldn't stand the sashing on it)
  • add binding to the Layer Cake Quilt which I finished last year, fixed last month, and is now off to my friend Dalene's for some quilting (it's a double or queen size quilt - a bit large for me to quilt)


I will be taking things easy in the next while as I will be starting a new job and June will be pretty much devoted to learning & new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment