Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Latest Crafts

There has been so much to do in the past week and a half, but I still managed to get some quilting/sewing done...

This is the backing to my Summer Star Sampler Quilt Along 2010. I used 5"x5" blocks to insert into the fabric for the backing... thus using up some of my extra pieces of fabric from the quilt top.
I also finished up the backing for my Jelly Roll Quilt Along 2010. I used extra jelly roll strips, and extra blue backing. I only had to purchase the red-brick coloured fabric (which actually has little dots on it to match the jelly roll fabric).

Close-up of the JRQA backing:

This past weekend the shower curtain rod fell down while my husband was in the shower! Thankfully, the rod did not hit him. We realized that the home builder had simply "stuck" the curtain rod onto the tile, instead of screwing it into the tile or the wall. We drove to Rona & purchased a new curtain rod which my husband then screwed into the wall. It is now solid & won't fall down! However, the new curtain rod is now 5" higher than the previous rod... and the shower curtain was too short.

Problem solved... I bought some outdoor canvas material at Fabricland for about $3.50 and inserted it into the cloth shower curtain that I had purchased at Ikea just a few weeks ago. Voila... it looks great... and best of all, it fits perfectly in the shower tub again!

While at Fabricland, I also purchased some lovely paisley cotton fabric & some beige fleece, and I have sewn 2 baby blankets with this fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment