Friday, April 15, 2011

Quilting Bits & a Knit Hat

The beginning of this week I was busy sewing, but I have put the sewing machine away for a few days as I am in the midst of 12-hour shifts working at the hospital.

So, here are the pix of this week's accomplishments:

My Layer Cake Quilt Along: quilt top sewn together.
The back for my Layer Cake Quilt Along. Now to sew the 2 sides together.
I did a few quilt blocks for the Patchwork Squared Modern Solids Quilt-Along. The colours are oatmeal, grass, teal, and chocolate.



I finished the binding on my Wonky Squares Quilt.
I decided a few weeks ago that I would attempt to knit a hat, so I chose a baby hat to relearn how to knit. I've only ever knit scarves & it has been years!! Well, the hat is a bit to long in height, and the little knots on the top of the hat were a bugger to do, but I finally finished it.

The hat is too small for my son, and I don't have dolls for my son, I put the hat on a stuffed bear - but I had to roll up the hat b/c the hat was too big for the bear. Oh well.


1 comment:

  1. That Modern Solids quilt is going to be stunning, I can see that already.

    ReplyDelete