Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fabric, Quilt Blocks & Quilts

Remember that I won "something" a few weeks ago from the Layer Cake Quilt-Along's draw?
Well... here it is... 3 very lovely, lively & fun fabrics (fat-quarters).
Aren't they just ever so wonderful??!!
(Hmmm... what to make with these fun fabrics??)
"Diamond Mine" quilt block for the Patchwork Squared Modern Solids Quilt Along (P2QA).
"Fourth Inning" quilt block for the Patchwork Squared Modern Solids Quilt Along (P2QA).
The 7 quilt blocks the Patchwork Squared Modern Solids Quilt Along (P2QA). The sashing will be brown.

Wonky Squares Quilt - finished a while back but I finally got a full picture of it.
For the Layer Cake Quilt Along, I did a second set of blocks using the "Collection for a Cause: Hope" fabrics by Howard Marcus. I added chestnut & hazelnut solids sashings then set it all on-point. I really like the border that I purchased at my local quilt shop.
This quilt, which measures approx 76"x76" will not be done for quite some time. I want to wait for fabric to be on sale on my local fabric store, and I'm not sure if I'll try quilt this one together on my machine or if I'll get it professionally quilted (which costs $). So, I'll wait for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment