Monday, October 31, 2011

Sew Fun

I am trying to keep NOT to busy with my quilting as there is still a mountain of sewing & quilting to be done.

My most recent quilt-along was a Christmas Tree Pants Sew-Along "because not all trees wear skirts".  We always get a real Christmas tree at Christmas time, and the little tree skirt I have just doesn't fit nicely under the tree - especially since the tree "holder" is a large heavy plastic dish-like container with special screws to hold the tree in place.  
Now... I am happy to have a home-made tree skirt pants for our tree this year.
Bring on Christmas!!

First I made a bunch of stars

Then I added some sashing & a border... and DONE!!
Quilt top measures 51" x 51"

Back of Christmas Tree Pants

Last day of October but I finally finished my edition of the October block for Birdie Stitches Quilt Along.

Block #3 for Fat Quarters Stars Quilt Along

All 3 stars so far.
Fabric: Indian Summer by Riley Blake - so lovely!!


I am now also on ETSY!!
I have added 3 quilt tops to Etsy & they are for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment