Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy 2014 & a New Baby in our Home!!

It has been a LONG time since I have last posted anything on this blog.
I have been "puttering" and slowing putting some projects together, and I am now at a point where I can start catching up on some other projects.

First of all, the BIG day arrived!
Our second son, Samuel Erik, was born on January 2.
He is a growing boy, already (this week) weighing in at 9lb 4 oz at 5.1 weeks old.  

I added some straps to an extra blanket to make this carseat cover: cotton on one side and fleece on the other.
It is perfect for the cold Canadian winter we have had.
It is also perfect for keeping dirty hands and snotty noses away from our newborn child.  :)

Last Fall, I made this cotton panel with green chenille backing for baby.  

My dear friend Dalene, who does my quilting, made this gorgeous quilt for Samuel!!  
I LOVE it!

 This is the quilt I made for Samuel...and I botched up 2 blocks!  Sigh!  :(

'The back of the quilt.
Neat, eh?!

I couldn't resist a pic of Samuel on the quilt while he was still so little.

It was late last year that I finished this quilt & binding.
This was my Spring Mystery Quilt.

Cute puzzle quilting pattern.

Backing for the orange/green/blue Spring Mystery Quilt. 

Samuel posing on my Aim-for-Accuracy Quilt

A4A (Aim-for-Accuracy) Quilt.
January 2014

My friend Lou made this fun, cozy flannel & minky baby burrito wrap.

Samuel on the "Dan's Climb" quilt I made last year.
Backing is brown chenille.

In the last few weeks I have been catching up on some quilt blocks.
It will be awhile before they are ready to be put into a quilt, but I'm ok with that.

January "Farmer's Wife" QB from Prairie Chicks BOM/quilt-along.
8.5" square each.

The last few months of Traditional Pastimes "Freebie 15" BOM & Companion.

This last block is adapted from the original instructions: where each red block is, there was supposed to be a red-&-tan coloured 9-patch, but I just don't have the time nor patience to be dealing with piddly measurements.  These blocks are supposed to finish up at 12.5" square, but I am lucky if I get them to finish at 12.25".  The gal that runs this BOM seems to LOVE those pesky x/16th measurements, so I round the numbers up or down to make them x/8th measurements...and that throws the entire block off in final measurements.  
I am planning to make 2 quilts out of these blocks b/c there will be 24-12.5" blocks when all is said and done in the Autumn, and I am not needing another queen or king size quilt!  

No comments:

Post a Comment