Friday, May 27, 2011

Old & New Fabrics & a Woolly Monkey

A few weeks ago we visited my husband's aunt who lives a few hours away.  We stayed the night at her place, and she pulled out some quilts that were my husband's great-grandmother's quilts.  
These quilts were ever so carefully pieced together & were so lovely!!
These quilts were sewn with remnant fabrics and were, of course, all sewn by hand.

Quilt #1

A close-up of the quilting & some detail embroidery.
Quilt #2

I received my winning fabrics in the mail.
Here's the bundle of fabric (5 yards total) that I won from Toads U Sew.
Isn't this fabric just lovely??!!

Included with the 5 yards of fabric was also a small pattern booklet.  


I recently have been doing crocheting or knitting in the evenings while sitting beside my husband, and chatting or watching tv.
One of my evening projects: A crocheted sock monkey.


I played around with a few blocks of the black & white fabric...
Nine-patch with white/light in the corners, black in between and red in the middle.

Nine-patch with black in the corners, white/light in between and red in the middle


Disappearing 9 Patch #1

D9P #2


I'm not sure how I'll piece these blocks together: sew them together as 1 large quilt or place sashing in between the quilt blocks.

I also received my 2nd winning fabric pack: 
A Layer Cake, "Modern Workshop" by Liesl Gibson for Oliver + S which I won from Moose on the Porch Quilts 
I have many other projects to finish, so that will give me time to decide how I will use these fabrics.  


The May quilt block for Freckles Scrappy Star quilt-along.

No comments:

Post a Comment