Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baby Blankets

Photography was been a hobby for me for the past few years, but I've started another hobby: the craft of quilting this past month, and I have looked at quite a few quilting blogs... all I can say is "Wow!" There are some amazing quilters "out there."

Upon reflecting on the crafts that I have made over the past few years, I decided to start up my own blog to post photos, ideas & thoughts.

Here are a few blankets that I have sewn over the past few years. Most of these have been baby gifts, and I know that there are a few blankets which I didn't take photos of. Fabrics were purchased at Fabricland.

This red bordered duck-cow-cat-dog-donkey blanket was a gift for my niece Maleah last year.

The Noah's Ark blanket is a gift for my niece or nephew who is due this August.

The Alphabet blanket was a gift for my niece Sidney who was born December 2008.

Just a photo of a bunch of blankets that I sewed in 2008:

This was the very first blanket that I ever sewed, probably about 10 years ago. I did not add any batting to it, but it's a great memory for me, so it's resting in my own baby blanket collection at home.

This is also an early baby blanket that I sewed & yes, this one has batting inside. It is usually found in my son's playpen.

1 comment:

  1. Nice baby blanket.. Creative sew.. This fabric is very smooth and idea is brilliant.
    click here: https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete