Sunday, June 20, 2010

Maple Leaf Block


I bought some Fat Eights a few days ago so I could try this sample Maple Leaf Block. I was actually doing a combination of 2 patterns, so inevitably I messed things up & the block isn't exactly what it should be.

I had a 9"block pattern from About.com & a 12" block pattern from Canadian Living, but the Cdn Living magazine kept referring to everything in centimetres. Now I am a true Canadian & LOVE the metric system, but all the quilting guides/rulers are in inches! I was confused & got some measurements incorrect.

So here's my first Maple Leaf block - 12". I have calculated all the measurements into inches, so I think I'll have to buy some more fabric - then I can re-do the 12" block & make it look nice.

Canada Day is only 11 days away... (July 1)!!! I am proud to be Canadian!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete