Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First Quilt is Completely Finished!!

Today... the very last day of June, I finished sewing the binding on my first-ever quilt! What a relief!

I'm pretty happy how the quilt turned out, even with its little mistakes mixed throughout. If I would do this quilt again, I would have chosen a solid brown for the binding as I think the binding blends in with the sashing on the quilt top too much (they are the same fabric). However, I love the fabrics & the pattern, and it will be a great keepsake.

Quilt measures 41" x 53".

Quilt Name: Winter Blue

Quilt Design: by Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

More about the Mystery Quilt...

Last week I cut the blocks/squares for my Mystery Quilt that I'm doing through "Needlesworks" here in Calgary.

Today, I picked up the instructions for the first part of sewing for the Mystery Quilt. I'm so excited to see the quilt finished, but I'll just have to wait another 2 months until it's done.

1 comment:

  1. looks great Wilma!!! Love that you can do these things and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete