Thursday, June 17, 2010

My First Quilt Project: June 2010

Somewhere, somehow I decided that I needed to start quilting. My sister Melissa is doing some quilting applique, so she has also inspired me to start quilting.

I found a free pattern called "Blue Winter" on the internet (Claudia's Quilt Shoppe) and it was labelled for "absolute beginners" so I decided to give it a try.

These are the fabrics that I purchased at Calgary's "Freckles Quilt Shop":

The fabrics for the Rail Fence Blocks:

Fabric for the Checkered Blocks:

Fabric for the Backing:

Close-up of Checker Block #1

Close-up of one fabrics for the Rail Fence Block & Border & Binding

Close-up for second fabric for Rail Fence Blocks

Close-up for third fabric for Rail Fence Blocks

Close-up for fourth fabric for Rail Fence Blocks

I finished the quilt top this week.

I layered the backing, batting & quilt top on the kitchen floor then pin-basted it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment